GSBS Stars Basketball Teams
GSBS Basketball Winter Tryouts: Sun Oct 17th
Oak Lawn Pavilion: 9401 S. Oak Park Ave – Oak Lawn
Based on the 2021-22 school year
GSBS Basketball is celebrating its’ 28th year of offering competitive basketball teams for Boys and Girls in Illinois & Indiana. Players selected for each team will compete in games made up of League play and Tournaments against some of the top grade school basketball teams in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. The goal of each team will be to provide a positive environment where each player will be taught how to become a fundamentally sound player, be part of a competitive team and enjoy the great game of basketball.
Parents & Players should arrive 15 minutes earlier to complete registration forms
NO FEES FOR THE TRYOUTS
Boys’ 4rd-8th grade players Time: 1:00pm-2:30pm
Girls’ 4th-8th grade players Time: 1:00pm-2:30pm
Note: Boys & Girls tryouts will be at the same time. but on different courts
Please carefully read the following information regarding the program’s format which follows the guidelines established for youth sports by the Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) & GSBS Basketball. IDPH guidelines limit each indoor group to 50 which includes participants, families & GSBS staff. If the IDPH guidelines changes, we hope to allow additional families & friends to watch their children participate. The idea is that our children are able to play basketball in a safe & healthy environment.
IDPH & GSBS HEALTH GUIDELINES TO OUR FAMILIES
1. Coaches, players & families MUST wear a mask when entering & leaving the facility
2. Coaches & players MUST wear a mask during all basketball activities.
3. Coaches & players will bring their own source of water
4. Coaches & players will not share water bottles
5. Coaches & players will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer after every session.
6. Coaches & players will try to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
7. Coaches & players will have designated bleacher area
All equipment will be completely sanitized during each evaluation.
Coaches & players will stay home if anyone is showing flu-like symptoms
|Teams:||10 players per team|
|Summer / Fall Season:||Mon Nov 15th thru Sun Feb 6th|
|Instruction / Games:||Minimum 20 Practices / Minimum 20 Games|
|Registration fee:||$600.00 per player|
|Includes:||Instruction, Rental, League & Tournament Fees|
|Equipment fee:||$100.00 per player (Practice & Game uniforms)|
|Boys’ & Girls’ Practices:||Mon & Wed: Oak Lawn Pavilion|
Please contact us with any questions you may have:
George Shimko Phone: 815-814-4151 Email: email@example.com
GSBS Basketball Seasons:
- Spring Grade School & HS Season: Evaluations in February w/ March-June schedule
- Fall Grade School & HS Season: Evaluations in June w/ July-October schedule
- Winter Grade School Season: Evaluations in October w/ November-February schedule